Before your first visit.
Talking about menopause may not be easy, even with your doctor. But there are ways to help start the conversation—and help you get the most from your visit. Educating yourself about menopause and asking questions is a great place to begin.
And don't be surprised if your doctor has questions for you about your symptoms. It's important to be open and honest about the specific ways your symptoms are affecting your life.
During your visit, your doctor may ask you:
- How severe are your symptoms?
- Do they interfere with daily living in any way?
- What are the frequency and duration of your menopausal symptoms?
Some questions to ask your doctor:
- How bad are my symptoms? Moderate? Severe?
- Can I get any relief for these symptoms?
- Is hormone therapy right for me?
- Which dose should I start at?
Together, you and your healthcare professional can make decisions about what's right for you based on your individual treatment goals and risks.